NEWSReports & Articles

At least three Palestinians including teenager killed by Israeli army in Nablus

This is a developing story and we will keep updating it throughout the day.

11.57: The Palestinian Red Crescent says since morning it has dealt with a total of 69 injuries by live ammunition, seven of which were serious.

11.55: A general strike has been announced in Nablus effective immediately.

Jerusalem24 – At least two Palestinian fighters, Ibrahim Al-Nabulsi and Islam Sbouh, have been killed by Israeli fire after the house they and possibly one other were located in, in the old city of Nablus, was besieged by Israeli soldiers.

The house was targeted by heavy gunfire as well as RPGs and hand grenades. Footage diffused on social media shows the house badly damaged after the siege.

At least one other Palestinian, 16-year-old Hussein Jamal Taha, was also killed by Israeli forces.

Violent confrontations broke out after Israeli forces invaded the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank early this morning. Israeli forces have now fully withdrawn from the city.

40 Palestinians including at least one woman have been hospitalized at Rafidia Hospital, the Arab Specialized Hospital, and an-Najah Hospital in Nablus for injuries sustained during the armed confrontations.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health says 28 injuries were inflicted by live ammunition, and five of the injured were in a critical condition.

The Palestinian Red Crescent says a number of seriously injured people were located in the old city of Nablus and Israeli forces prevented ambulances from reaching them. Israeli forces shot at the tires of an ambulance when they tried to evacuate a wounded woman.

The governor of Nablus, Ibrahim Ramadan, has announced all official institutions in the city will remain closed for the time being.

According to Israeli sources, the occupation police have raised the level of alert in the occupied West Bank following the assassination of the Palestinian fighters.

Conflicting reports

The Israeli army announced immediately after their withdrawal that they had killed wanted Palestinian fighter Ibrahim Al-Nabulsi. Al-Nabulsi was a well-known, popular figure in the West Bank who evaded capture and assassination attempts by Israeli forces a number of times.

Israeli media shared the claims and began to retract them when reports emerged in Palestinian media that Al-Nabulsi was alive and injured.

Footage shared on social media showed Al-Nabulsi being treated in a hospital in Nablus while a large crowd gathered round.

Soon afterwards, the Palestinian Ministry of Health announced the death of Al-Nabulsi.

Messages recorded by the fighters in the final moments of the siege, intended for their families, indicate there were three men in the house, though the identity of the third has not yet been confirmed.

Palestinian Ministry of Health figures show 129 Palestinians, including 34 children, have been killed by Israeli forces since the beginning of the year in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza.

Related Articles

Back to top button