jerusalemJerusalemOur Stories

Over 150 injured and at least 100 arrested in Al-Aqsa Attack

The Israeli police fired tear gas and flashbangs towards Palestinian worshippers and inside prayer halls.

Jerusalem24 – Israeli forces stormed the Al-Qibli Mosque in the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem, assaulting Palestinian worshipers inside, and arrested several of them after dawn prayers.

Dozens of Israeli policemen stormed the al-Qibli prayer hall after raining tear gas canisters on those inside it and physically assaulting the men there. The imam of Al-Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Omar Al-Kiswani, said that at least 400 citizens from inside the mosque, especially from the Al-Qibli prayer hall.

The Israeli forces re-stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque, emptied the mosque of worshipers, and closed all its doors.

At least 152 citizens were injured as a result of the Israeli forces’ attack on the worshippers after thousands of people performed the dawn prayer in the chapels and courtyards of the mosque.

The Red Crescent said that it transported the casualties from inside Al-Aqsa Mosque after they were exposed to rubber-coated metal bullets, sound bombs, and beatings to the Al-Makassed Hospital and the field hospital located inside the mosque.

Meanwhile, there were reports that the Israeli forces obstructed the work of ambulances, and prevent the transfer of some of the injured.

The Al-Makassed Hospital stated that 40 injuries were received, 8 of whom were admitted to the recovery room, and surgeries are being carried out on others.

WAFA’s correspondent reported that the Israeli police stormed the Al-Aqsa medical clinic, and assaulted its employees and some of the wounded who were receiving treatment.

In a later development, dozens of Israeli settlers gathered in the Mughrabi Gate area, in preparation for storming Al-Aqsa.

According to locals in occupied Jerusalem, the Israeli forces climbed onto the walls of some of the mosque’s gates, before storming it, amid the intense firing of sound and gas bombs, and rubber-coated metal bullets.

The sources pointed out that the Israeli forces deliberately fired dozens of bombs and rubber bullets at the young men in the Al-Qibli prayer hall, and broke the upper glass of the windows.

Palestinian demonstrators clash with Israeli police at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa mosque compound on April 15, 2022. (Photo Credit Ahmad GHARABLI / AFP)

The Israeli police claimed that 3 of its members were slightly wounded during clashes with the young men at Al-Aqsa.

Men, women, children, the elderly, journalists, and guards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque were all attacked. With reports of a child arrested from the roof of the Dome of the Rock.

Al-Kiswani pointed out that the Israeli forces reopened all the doors of the Al-Aqsa Mosque after the attack.

Mohammad Hamayel

Ramallah based journalist, Mohammad graduated from Al-Quds University with a B.A. in Media and Television. He has covered the 2015 Jerusalem Intifada as well as the Great March of Return for international media outlets. currently an editor/presenter at Jerusalem24. A UN alumni and a follower of global events and politics, especially American affairs.

Related Articles

Check Also
Back to top button